Sunday, July 4, 2010

“Enoughness”

No it’s not a word but its one the vicar told me today.
Over the last few weeks God has been showing me things not just in my life but what is going on around me too.
With learning I do judge people and in doing so, smother their potential; I was beginning to think what must I do? What is in store? Will I be able?…..

Today in church the vicar preached basically the same sermon in both services.
I had to be at both as I was administering communion. I wondered what God wanted to reveal to me in these sermons. The vicar was saying there was a need to be pushing hard into the kingdom of heaven.

He touched on the verse from 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

I had many years ago commented adultery. I have been set free and forgiven by my husband and all other people, sanctified, justified and cleansed by the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. But sometimes I find myself still striving to be all that I think God wants me to be, in my terms. I wonder if others still think of my past and what I am doing now. Should I be doing these things......

We were invited to go forward to receive anointing for being all God wants us to be.

After the vicar had prayed for me he looked at me and said he didn’t know if it was from God or himself but he felt to tell me to stop striving and that I had enough “enoughness”. He said he didn’t know if it was a word, but I was to know that God was “enoughness” for me. I do not have to worry about anything else – I was enough. He didn’t know how right that word was and that it was from God

All scripture is from (New International Version)

1 comment :