Thursday, July 8, 2010

Finally Looking After Myself

I am ‘finally looking after myself’ which is the catch phrase for FLYLADY.


It’s been a month since I posted the first day of the rest of my life and I thought it was good just to take stock of where I am at, and I am pleased to say I am doing well.

I have watched what I eat by having a good wholesome breakfast to start off the day. I only have one or two ‘sweet’ things during the day and have that with a sit down hot cup of something so I know I have had it and enjoy it. I have started to drink a lot more water as I often felt hungry but discovered I was really just thirsty and besides the glass or two of water filled me up.

I also eat at lease two pieces of fruit a day sometimes that is just at breakfast and I have more during the day.

I now go for a walk every two to three days and I am up to 30 minutes a walk. If the weather isn’t too good I have started to do the house work in a sort of rush just to keep the body warmed up and exercised.

And the reward is I have lost 2 kilograms in a month.

I have also had a hair cut and been to the dentist and had two fillings fixed up. One was disintegrating and I had a split in the other. I had 1 week holiday from work just to blob out and it was good and helped me to gain control.

I get on with my Flylady routines and have found I feel in control and not always thinking I am behind and ‘failing’.

I burnt my wrist about a month ago on the chimney of the wood burner. It blistered and was painful. When the blister burst it seemed to be infected. I put antiseptic cream on it and kept it covered with gauze. Hubby kept telling g me to go to the doctors but I put it off thinking it would come right. Then I developed a sore ear and a boil under my arm, all on the same side as the burn.
On Sunday I had prayer for this and the people who prayed noticed that my arm was swollen. It was thought that I had may have had ‘bad blood’.

Acts 3:16
16By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.

We all claimed healing in the name of Jesus and I waited to see what happened.

Today – four days later – my ear is healed, the boil has gone down, so has the swelling in my arm and the burn is healing with a good scab on it (sorry about the details!!)

God is good

All scripture is from (New International Version)

1 comment :

  1. Well done Fiona - keep up the good work. love the new haircut :)

    ReplyDelete