Sunday, October 3, 2010

Synod

This weekend I have been an observer at The Anglican Diocese of Waikato and Taranaki Synod.
One of the ladies who was going to go had her husband admitted to hospital on the Friday, so I went in her place. Because I had not been booked with papers delivered for me to study, I was labelled 'Observer'
What an interesting experience.
There were a lot of bills to be passed and last years minutes and financial reports tabled etc like an AGM but there were also interesting 'workshops' that you could choose to go to and discuss the implementing of them for the Diocese to take on board.
What a privilege to part of the foundations of new happenings.
I went to one on Mental Health issues within the church and its members.
I am discovering that I am more and more inclined to enjoy this area of administration.

But beyond or the formal procedures and meetings we were hosted at Southwell School and its was a truly lovely place to be.
All Hallows Chapel

The food was amazing and the settings at the tables like a wedding feast. In fact there was so much food and left overs I really think there must have been a lot of people who just didn't come or those who organised it thought we would all be big eaters!
On Saturday night we had a small ordination service in the All Hallows Chapel which must be a real blessing to the school.
 
I especially enjoyed the flowers for the occasion.
And Monarch Butterfly's in the trees.
 All in all I have to wonder why so many cringe at the thought of going to a weekend like this. I for one will be putting up my hand for next year.

1 comment :

  1. Glad you enjoyed it Fiona. It looks lovely - greats pics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete