Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Honour Thy Father and Mother





A new year has arrived and over the long weekend I had my parents come to stay.








It was lovely to have them here for 5 nights and let them rest and be who they are.

Mum spent time playing computer games, reading a book and sleeping.




Dad would potter in the garden weeding or just relaxing out on the deck watching the farming aspect of our small town or coming with me when I went out for shopping or a walk.
But time with Dad would always be his continual cups of ‘high tea’.

An after breakfast cuppa can last until morning tea time. When that has been savoured, it’s nearly time for lunch… which is followed on by afternoon tea.
But that is the joy of just having him around chatting while you work in the kitchen.
Having recently lost our Moeder and watching them age, I treasure this time to have as good memories.



New Year’s Day was celebrated with nearly all the family together.
We discovered Evelyn giggled when near her Great Grandpa. That too was a pleasure to watch and listen to.




A special photo was taken of my mother, me, my daughter and her daughter.
Four generations of females in the same family.

Sarah, Phyllis, Evelyn and Fiona

What a truly blessed time of family and future memories.

Deuteronomy 5:16

16 “Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

All Scripture is from New International Version

2 comments :

  1. Glad you enjoyed their visit Fiona. You look like your Mum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed you are to still have your parents with you. This reminds me of the times mine would come and visit me when I lived in QLD. I miss them. Lucky you - enjoy. Thanks so much for sharing. Maa.xx

    ReplyDelete