Monday, June 13, 2011

A Walk on the Beach

There is something about spending some time away from your familar surroundings to just forget the pressures of life and focus on what makes you feel good.


While down in Wellington for the weekend Harry and I went for a walk, in the break of the weather, on Peka Peka beach to let the sea air blow through us.


We took Jess, Frank and Sue's elderly dog for a romp. She kept us busy bringing back the stick we through to her.


My childhood years were spent in the coastal town of Paekakariki and so the view of Kapiti is a view that reminds me of days on the beach, what ever the weather.

As usual God spoke to me, as I took in the beauty of God's creation.


At times it may feel like we are all alone and the waves of life too much for us but when we know God's plan for us we know that this is where we belong. We were made to be here at such a time as this.

Esther 4:14 ... who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?”



What ever is in the past or the messes we made yesterday every day is new and we are able to start again with a clean 'sheet'.

Lamentations 3:22-23
22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.


When I saw some shoe prints I was reminded of the poem "Foot Prints"


Someone's castle was being eroded by the waves and rain. I felt special to have had a glimpse of the joy they had had building it, but was also reminded of what I built my faith on.

Matthew 7:25-27

25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”


Even Jess was leaving a trace of her fun on the beach and I was reminded that we always need to be aware of what impression we are leaving for others to see.


But I also found that being with Harry brings a warmth to my heart and no matter what we are going through, his smile makes my day.


All scripture is from New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

No comments :

Post a Comment