Monday, September 19, 2011

Putaruru College - The Taming of the Shrew - Act II, Scene I

The other night Katrina and I watched the movie Ten Things I Hate About You.
Harry told me it was “Katrina’s movie” as the plot was taken from the Shakespeare play “The Taming of the Shrew”.
I hadn’t realised that before and so it took on a different view to me.

Katrina has recently had huge success in her self-directed excerpt from the play, The Taming of the Shrew; Act 11, Scene 1.

This play won first place in the region for a 5 minute entry in the University of Otago Sheilah Winn Shakespeare Competition.


Katrina, Jessie and David sorting mats for the play


At Queen’s Birthday weekend (the first weekend in June – New Zealand), Katrina and about a dozen other students and three teachers travelled to Wellington for the competition.

To our joy and Katrina’s excellent talent they won the: Tony Wolf Award for Outstanding Stage Combat 

Tony Wolf Award for Outstanding Stage Combat

Opening moment

1 comment :