Friday, March 30, 2012

Facebook Games

When I wrote the sermons I have shared in the previous few posts God brought me through something which I shared in the 10.00am service as an example.


I spend a lot of time on the computer – too much time
I am addicted to some of the games on Facebook. One was called Egg Buddies.

While staying at Titoki I thought I would use that time to break the habit.
There is a computer there you can use and I was on it a couple of times.
I prayed about it and asked God to help me break the addiction.
While I was there God showed me and had some things put to me, that showed me a glimpse of what he has in store for me if I am obedient to Him
When I got home I deleted egg buddies, word buddies, a farm game and gardens of time from my profile.
But I couldn't stop do I started another user to just play games. I thought this would help hide what I was doing.
Over the next few weeks God showed me the stupidity of the games. It’s playing with pixels. It’s stealing my time. Part of me had this secret desire to be better than everyone else. To be the winner and beat them all. I would play nicely sometimes and then other times wouldn’t give points, gold coins or eggs to any other players so I wouldn’t help them because I wanted to beat them. I would stay up late just to gain a higher score. I would get cross if I couldn't get on the computer to play the games.
I was addicted to the games.

God showed me the realization of this. Was I prepared to be this addicted to Him.
I so wanted to.
I deleted the games user I had created and other games off my user.
Its been nearly two months since then and I had to ask one of my daughters what one of the games were I had forgotten it.

I have found more time and God is using me.

This became my prayer
 
 1 To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;
 2 in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
3 No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.
4 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long.
6 Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.
7 Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD.
8 Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
10 All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant

1 comment :

  1. Good on ya Mumsey for getting rid of those time wasting games esp that egg buddies.It always amazed me the lengths some people went on these games AND the nastiness as well.Something I can gladly do without.Hope your going well..:)

    ReplyDelete