Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bran Muffins

I was looking for this recipe the other day and I couldn't believe I hadn't posted it on here. This is a recipe from my mother so I don't know where it has come from previously.


1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup wheat bran
1 cup sultanas
1 tbsp butter
3/4 cup milk

In a large bowl sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
Add the bran and sultanas and toss with a fork.
Melt the butter and add milk warming slightly either in bowl in the microwave or a pot on the stove.
Pour the wet over the dry ingredients
Fold in gently so as to just moisten the mix but not over mix.
Spoon into 12 greased medium muffin tins.
Bake for 12 - 15 minutes at 200°C until lightly brown and the tops will bounce make when lightly pressed.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the tins before turning out


No comments :

Post a Comment