Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Playlist - Take Me In

My Mixpod which is a selection of songs I have added to an Ipod on here, can be managed by turning on, off or the volume up or down. Check here for more detail.

The eleventh song is Take Me In, and this Kutless. They are a Christian rock band from Oregon.
version is sung by

They recorded this song for their album Strong Tower released in 2005, featuring a mix of new and popular worship songs.

I find when we sing this song in church that I am literally transported to a place that I imagine as being like the holy of hollies. The place where the Ark of the Covenant ( Exodus 37:1-10) was kept behind a curtain. Only the High Priest, on the Day of Atonement, was allowed to enter into this Holy place to make "atonement for the sins of the people",  once a year.

It was so sacred that he would have a rope tied around his waist and bells on the base of his robe. If the bells stopped tinkling for too long the people would drag the body out by the rope as it meant his own sin was too great to enter this place and he had dropped dead.

But Jesus ripped the curtain in his death so we are free to enter the holy of hollies. His sinlessness paid for our sin.
There have been times in the singing and hearing of this song for me that I feel a touch from God and it is in times when I need it most.


Take Me In

Take me past the outer courts
Into the Holy Place
Past the brazen altar
Lord I want to see your face
Pass me by the crowds of people
And the Priests who sing your praise
I hunger and thirst for your righteousness
But it's only found in one place


[Chorus:]
Take me into the holy of hollies
Take me in by the blood of the lamb
Take me into the holy of hollies
Take the coal, touch my lips, here I am 

No comments :

Post a Comment