Sunday, February 16, 2014

Plunket Singlet

When my children were babies I knitted a few of the Plunket singlet patterns both the fancy one and the thicker rib one.
I also sewed their nighties from a pattern set I still have. In fact I even used the pajama pattern. I really love a wrap around nighty.






One day at church I saw one of our young babies wearing a coloured knitted top as a tank top over a skivvy.

I thought I know that pattern and sure enough it was the singlet pattern. It does have a very pretty delicate lace yolk neck design so I thought what a great idea, I'll make one too.

I have lots of balls of wool, as left overs from other garments and as baby items don't use much or take much time I enjoyed knitting it.

So here it is, a little top for our youngest granddaughter at the moment.
Post script:

I have tried scanning the pattern but it came out too dark so I have photographed it and posted it here so you can either print the photo off or just save this post for future use.




5 comments :

  1. It’s so pretty - I love the singlet with the lacs - where can I find the pattern ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been able to find a copy of the pattern online so have photographed it and added it to the post.

      Delete
  2. It seems the link I have posted is not working but the pattern can be found at the bottom of this page. https://www.plunket.org.nz/plunket/support-plunket/ways-to-support-plunket/knit-for-plunket/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also would love the pattern for the lacy plunket vest, having trouble in getting it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been able to find a copy of the pattern online so have photographed it and added it to the post.

      Delete